Thursday, July 28, 2016

Pseudo Getaway











(maxi dress from sheinside, sandals from franco sarto, necklace from francesca's, bracelet from the limited, earrings from kate spade, super cheesy tote from Wisconsin Madison Farmer's market, hat from tsim sha tsui, ring from mimosa)

My summer break is ending soon. WHAT? 

Time to put myself together...


I don't recall the sun in Hong Kong being so bright. Because I found the bright sun unbearable, especially during the time I get out to meet with friends for lunch, I decided to get a sun hat. Isn't this fun and cute? I have decided to get one with flat top with a moderate brim. A hat with wide and floppy brim s probably too pretentious for day-to-day outfits navigating in the city center. Colorful woolen balls enable me to match the hat with outfits of any color. 

I first found a similar hat which has the classic black ribbon in a shopping mall. It was pretty nice but seriously overpriced. I then ventured into small shops at the back street and found this lovely hat, imported from Korea according to the saleswoman, with half the price! I am quite proud. haha
#economist

I love to study to marketing strategies and deals of different brands. Such strategic movements reflect so much about people and their brands' thought-process. I have definitely noticed differences between discount and marketing strategies in Hong Kong and in the States. I am currently in the process of reattuning to everything about Hong Kong, or in fact, updating myself about the Hong Kong today. You may think four years isn't that long, or I have been visiting Hong Kong regularly. Yet, it is a different story to settle down in Hong Kong again. So much has evolved since I left, including marketing strategies. I began to detect some pattern in Hong Kong. I am quite excited to one day get a hang of it.

Looking at some of the pop culture prevalent in Hong Kong, I often think "Hong Kongers are actually quite weird."

Of course, at other times, I also think, "There is no place like home."

**typed with my barbecue pork (叉燒)smelling hand. just marinated (massage) some barbecue pork for tomorrow :P


No comments:

Post a Comment