Thursday, September 10, 2015

A Senior to be












(shirt from french connection, harlem pants from izzue, blue pouch from rebeccaminkoff, ring and flower bracelet from mimosa, guardian angel necklace from tartan angel in Edinburgh, Scotland, platform shoes from Cordeleria in Madrid, Spain, watch from vivienne westwood, nail polish from sephora, earrings from a small shop somewhere in Hong Kong)

I am flying back to Carleton tomorrow! Can't believe my Senior year is kicking start soon. I imagine there will be many new challenges ahead. I have told myself repeatedly to take a deep breathe and be brave to face the challenges.

Usually I will wear clothes that I am not bringing back to the States on my last day in Hong Kong. These are my honorably selected ones. My silk orange shirt, because ironing is mandatory for this shirt after each wash, and I am just too lazy to iron any clothes while I am at school. The harlem pants, because it is too thin. It gets chilly very soon in Minnesota, so I prefer wearing jeans there.

This orange shirt is about 3 years old now, and I blogged it in May 2012. I revisited that blogpost just now and I am surprised how vivid the orange is in those photos. Either the contrast was tuned up too hard in the past or my shirt has faded after countless washes. I think the fun in matching is to match the same piece in different ways instead of showcasing new clothes. (My mom is very glad to hear this...) 

I would like to draw your attention to my guardian angel necklace, a lovely birthday present from my bestie. She bought it in Edinburgh, Scotland. Another highlight is my platform shoes I bought when I travelled in Madrid. I stood in line outside the shoe shop for over an hour to buy their shoes. I see shoes with rope sole design everywhere this season. (I am calling it a "design" because the rope is purely there for decoration purposes.) This pair uses real rope soles. Their shoes are all handmade and fairly cheap. To be honest, their cushion support isn't the best. It is still not a bad idea to get a pair as a souvenir. ;) 

Lastly, I also would like to introduce you a Hong Kong jewellery brand that I am quite fond of - Mimosa. I toured my South Korean friend around last weekend. Hong Kong people favor South Korean fashion nowadays. My trip with her has made me realize how few local brands we have in Hong Kong. I am sure there are a lot of independent designers around, but they are yet to be celebrated by the mainstream public. Cheers to Hong Kong fashion. Wish more people would embrace local brands in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment