Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Seasons of the Fall term

I am now waiting for boarding back to Hong Kong. (This is always the best time for blogging, haha.) Time for my Fall term recap:

Although I have only been here for three and a half month, I have almost experienced all seasons.. (well, it had less rain than a real spring and less snow than a severe winter... but the seasonal variation was already more than most countries along the equator, and many of tropics.


1. Fall term began with frisbees, a lot of frisbees. When temperature was warm and we had a lot of free time, we spent most of the time with frisbees..... 


2. First day of lab, when weather was nice and we were still energetic to run and laugh early at 8 am... 


2. Classes started, and life was busy again. Frisbees disappeared from the bald spot. Leaves were slowly changing color.


3. When everything was nice outside but I had so much reading...... I spent my Friday reading by window.


4. Red, green, orange.... The most colorful moment of campus. I finally experienced Autumn.


5. The last day of Minnesota nice weather. Temperature dropped drastically after that day. No student study at the bald spot after that day.


6. Fallen leaves piled up the ground. I had a lot of fun time kicking them when I was walking.


7. After a week of chilly weather, the temperature was nice again. I of course spent some quality reading time at the bald spot.


8. The weather forecast predicted that there would be snowfall for a couple of times but none of them was correct. The sky had been gloomy for days. It was 10th week; life was tough. I woke up unwillingly at 6-ish one day,  looked out at the white sky and thought "oh.. it is another gloomy day :(". When I came back from the bathroom, looked out from the window again, to the ground this time, and realized the ground the was white.... I SCREAMED. YES, that was my long awaited snowfall. The first snowfall in my life! 10th week was tough but there was little treat from the sky for us. ;)


9. My first time to play with snow, wohoo. What's the point of writing "snow" when you can tell that's snow? ... huh, I don't know. I guess I wanted to emphasize my excitement and happiness.

The Christmas carol, "First Footprints", that I have sung for 6 years rang in my head for the whole day. It explained all my feelings. 

-"Frosty windows greet the morning light.
Out my window is a blanket of white.
So much excitement, So much delight,
Making first footprints in a blanket of white.

Snow, Snow!"-


10. My first time to look at snowflakes! 


11. It snowed but it was not that cold. Time for a walk.


12. Snow melted. Dotted clouds and barren trees formed a new picture.


13. Finals. Time to sit back and enjoy sunset in your room when you are writing your final paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment